I try to carry on some of the traditions from my family. I make sure that my nativity set is out in plain sight. We don't glorify Santa Clause, my kids don't even know exactly who he is yet. On Christmas Eve we sing all the Christmas songs in the LDS Hymn book. On Christmas day before we open any gifts we read the story of Christ's birth out of the bible. If we were home for Christmas we would head over to Far West and stand inside the gates of the dedicated temple grounds and sing Christmas Hymns along with all our friends and family! That will be one of the things I will miss most.
I am amazed every year how Christ is taken out of Christmas. I make it a point to wish everyone a Merry CHRISTMAS, instead of Happy Holidays or some other such phrase.
May we all remember the TRUE meaning of CHRISTmas.











2 comments:
We love singing Christmas hymns together too.
That is a gorgeous Nativity picture. I also love your keeping Christ in Christmas traditions we may have to adopt some of those.
Post a Comment