I have been searching for a yarn organizer that is portable and will keep my kids from destroying the yarn and the project attached to it! I found one on ebay that holds 6 skeins of yarn with holes in the lid to pull the yarn through. It was really neat but it was also $26! Too much! So I searched some more and found a tutorial on how to make your own. Here is my Yarn Organizer!
I made a cardboad insert (temporary until I can make one that really fits) I put the four colors I use the most right now inside. This bucket is capable of holding up to 9 skeins of yarn.
Voila! Now I have somewhere to put my yarn and when I am not using the yarn it can go back in the bucket and still be safe from curious hands! I can also use it as an end table! There are many uses for this.
I hope you enjoyed my little tutorial!












5 comments:
That is really, really cool!
I want to make one! Now I just need to learn how to knit.
You are so awesomely crafty....
Wow...craftiness behind the craftiness.
Good job Sis! take a picture when you get the divider you want. Way cool though!
Nice work, Sis! The end table angle was a good one, too ;)
Wow, that is darn clever!
Congrats on being featured on Tip Junkie!
Post a Comment