Each week in Relief Society the Presidency picks a sister to spotlight. This week it was me! Phil of course is really good at keeping secrets from me so I didn't know until they said my name! He wrote it all by himself so here is what he said:
1. Selissa Mae Aitchison
2. Born in Seattle Washington and grew up all around Seattle
3. Was in public school until about 4th grade and was homeschooled for the rest of the duration until she got her GED. She didn’t serve a full-time mission unless you consider "being a mom" a full time mission. She currently has a small career crocheting baby items like hats, booties, ponchos, and (if you wait about 3 months) blessing gowns.
4. Married on August 7th of 2004 to her long time love of 1 year. Selissa couldn't refuse it when her future husband had finally asked her out after taking 2 weeks to get up the courage to actually do so. She also couldn’t refuse me asking her to marry me in the cemetery at the Winter Quarters Temple. We now have 3 wonderful children: Morgan (3 years old and has enough energy to power half of Denver), Derek (turns 2 on the 25th and is a very sweet, cuddly little boy), and Ava (8 months old and, no matter what mommy tells you, is daddys little girl).
5. dislikes: Phil not doing his chores. Likes: watching Heroes on Monday night. Hobbies: filet crocheting, crocheting, sewing, and loving her kids.
6. Ask her to say "bag" and you will see. It must be a Washington thing.
So he loves me! All the sisters had a good laugh and I turned bright red!
A Sunday Afternoon in June
14 years ago











7 comments:
So nice!
Nice job Phil!!!!!
How sweet!!
In our last ward they did something like this and Andy filled one out and kept it a secret from me, it was really sweet to read. I think I have it somewhere still.
That is so nice. Guess what? Our wedding anniversaries are so close. Scott and I were married on Aug. 9 (but in 2003). Obviously, Aug is the best for getting married.
Selissa, that is so sweet of your husband! I just thought I would tell you that I love watching Heroes on Monday night too! I just can't believe how they keep coming up with crazy powers! It's so good to hear that your family is doing great!
That is lovely! Good job, Phil!
I have been practicing saying bag, flag, dragon. Why do people tease our accent?
Sis I'm going way back this is on the Sister Spotlight Phil did. Yes it's sweet but that's hilarious too! love it!
Post a Comment