Monday, January 11, 2010

To Schedule or not to schedule?

I have been thinking of making a schedule and trying to stick to it. I hate schedules because they seem so restricting but I am finding myself spending more and more of my time on things that aren't that important. I am hoping that having a schedule will help my children become easier to handle if they know exactly when breakfast, lunch, dinner and all the snack times in between are (my kids LOVE food). I am also hoping that it will just make things easier for me if I know that at 1:30 I will be folding laundry so then I can just put it out of my mind until then. We will see how well it goes. I will report on my progress on Sunday.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I do better on a loosely based schedule, if I follow it. Planning meals ahead of time is great. Picking days to make sure that a certain room is completely clean help too. Monday is the day that I make sure all the laundry is done and put away. Of course, this is more of a challenge for those with lots of kids!

Kizzie said...

I don't do a set schedule each day, but I do sort of what Karen was saying. We plan our meals in advance and I usually assign them to specific days. Then I know I'm going to do laundry on Mon and Wed (sometimes Friday), I clean the bathroom on Tuesdays and I have some other jobs assigned to certain days.
But daily I just have a "to do list", I just write down everything I want/need to get done that day and do it in whatever order I feel like.

I work better like that.